Monday, May 7, 2012

Music Monday: India.Arie & Idan Raichel - Open Door


"No expecting just accepting"~India.Arie

Several weeks ago I received India.Aries’s video on my facebook page. Instantly I received chills because I have been studying what it means to "create" for a few months now. I knew it was spirit that allowed this video to cross my path. I have always expected great things and while I believe it is okay to have expectations, it could lead to many disappointments. In the video India explains her journey to allowing her to live in the flow and just create! To become creative means to release what we think we ought to be and allow Spirit to move within. What do we do when we are stopping the flow of creativity? When we block what we feel, our own personal truth for others? India was in this space and she said one day "I woke up and realized this doesn't feel good, I don't have to do it". In order for you and I to create we have to understand what it is we are feeling and accepting that no matter how uncomfortable that is! Go to your center, your Spiritual foundation. In Christ I know I am healed. I seek his face daily and ask that he reveals his truth often so I can continually be in a space of growth, awareness and freedom! India said her creative process is "Pray, listen, and then write". How do you create? What process will you seek to gain the life your soul desires, your life purpose?

Here is a 23 min video of India.Arie explaining her creative process and a beautiful song she created with Idan Raichel. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Blessings.....
    I watched that whole video. wow.....she looks happy and at peace. What more can one ask for?

    Hope all is well with you, that you are happy and content.

    stay blessed.
    rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer and hope is that we are all happy and content, that was the purpose of the blog. And yes, I am blessed and being creative! Blessings to you and thank you for the support.

    ReplyDelete